Calderdale Council Social Services
- Address: Health and Social Care, 1 Park Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2TU
- Tel:01422 393000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times:
- Monday 8.45am - 5.30pm
- Tuesday 8.45am - 5.30pm
- Wednesday 8.45am - 5.30pm
- Thursday 8.45am - 5.30pm
- Friday 8.45am - 5pm
Map for Calderdale Council Social Services
The Council's Rehabilitation Officers offer practical advice and a range of training programmes in various life skills for people with sight loss in the Calderdale area. Initial contact is through the council's Gateway to Care Service.
- Communication skills (advice and training to help you maintain your reading and writing skills, plus the opportunity to learn braille, Moon or typing)
- Independent living skills.
- Mobility training to help you to move confidently and safely indoors and outside.
- Rehabilitation officers can also advise on equipment for daily living, and there is a small resource centre based in Glenholme, Green Lane, West Vale in Halifax, and there are drop in days on the first Tuesday of every month between 10am and 4pm at the centre where rehabilitation officers can demonstrate equipment.
- Local authority social care
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training
- Learning braille
- Learning Moon
1 user review
14 May 2014
Didn't even want to give a one star because they don't deserve that. There are so uncaring towards you and your family haven't got a clue what there are doing in any given situation...
This organisation was verified on 2 November 2015