Blackburn and District Blind Society
- Address: Unit A, Suite 4, Cobham House, Wilkinson Way, Haslingden Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2EE
- Tel:01254 698 683
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times:
Office is staffed most mornings, but please ring 01254 698683 to confirm or to arrange an appointment.
Map for Blackburn and District Blind Society
We are a local society providing a number of services that support people in the community who are partially sighted, blind and may often have other disabilities. Services include:
- a telephone befriending service providing weekly telephone calls to people with a visual impairment who may be isolated or lonely. Home visits also available.
- information, advice and signposting for people, their families and carers to appropriate support services.
- official agents for British Wireless for the Blind.
- a range of equipment and daily living aids available to purchase.
- loan of Perkins Braille machines to registered individuals.
- Vision Loss Support (VLS) sessions to provide advice and information for people with sight loss, their family and carers.
- the Blackburn and District Talking Newspaper and Talking Magazine.
- coffee mornings on the 4th Thursday in the month.
- computers for training or use by members.
- events and outings for members.
- Community eye care
- Low vision services
- Talking newspapers
- Assistive technology products
- Tactile products
- Low vision aids
- Loan equipment
- Audio products
- Everyday products
- Computer products
- Social functions
- Trips and outings
- Telephone befriending service
- Home visiting
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training
- Computer skills
- Assistive technology training
- Audio transcription
- Travel training
- Eye health advice
0 user reviews
This organisation was verified on 26 July 2016