Visual Impairment Centre for Teaching and Research (VICTAR)
- Address: School of Education, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, B15 2TT
- Tel:0121 414 6733
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times:
Map for Visual Impairment Centre for Teaching and Research (VICTAR)
The aims of VICTAR are to:
- undertake social and educational research in the area of visual impairment;
- offer training in the area of visual impairment and education through high quality and relevant professional development programmes;
- disseminate our work to ensure it has positive impact.
The Centre is part of a broader Sensory Team and works directly with colleagues in the fields of hearing impairment and multi-sensory impairment.
Members of VICTAR are also engaged in research into innovative teaching and training methods, including the development of online problem-based learning resources (funded by the Learning Development Unit at the University of Birmingham), the development of an online Birmingham Braille Course, as well as online training materials for mobility and independence professionals (both funded by the RNIB National Library Service).
- Educational support
0 user reviews
This organisation was verified on 20 September 2016