The Scottish Council on Visual Impairment (SCOVI)
- Address: The Turrets, Mansionhouse Road, Camelon, Falkirk, Stirlingshire, FK1 4PS
- Tel:01324 627 082
- Email: email@example.com
Map for The Scottish Council on Visual Impairment (SCOVI)
The charity’s objectives are to promote the benefit of blind and partially sighted persons in Scotland.
Our mission is for blind and partially sighted people throughout Scotland to lead independent and inclusive lives.
Our purpose is to raise awareness of how blind and partially sighted people are discriminated against, and to work with our member organisations - which encompass local and national charities and local authorities across Scotland - for positive change. We do this by:
- supporting the work of our member organisations
- organising and facilitating regular meetings and conferences which offer informative training and educative opportunities for member organisations
- liaising with and informing relevant external bodies
- endorsing and/or supporting relevant campaigns
- promoting, supporting and/or assisting relevant research
- recruiting new members
- lobbying and consulting with government on relevant issues.
- Equality advice
0 user reviews
This organisation was verified on 19 January 2015