Wirral Council Educational Vision Support Service
- Address: Children & Young People's Department, 52 Seaview Road, Liscard, Wallasey, Merseyside, CH45 4LA
- Tel:0151 666 5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map for Wirral Council Educational Vision Support Service
The service works to ensure that deaf and visually impaired children and young people (0 -19 years), receive an appropriate inclusive education that lets them fulfil their potential and develop into independent adults.
Specific services for blind and partially sighted children and young people include:
* carrying out assessments of their needs
* providing training and support to staff teaching pupils with a sight problem
* helping students to develop specialist skills (such as reading braille or using special software to use computers), to help them access the curriculum independently
* developing mobility skills so that children can get around more easily
* help and advice on adapting teaching materials to a format the child can use, such as braille, audio or large print.
- Learning braille
- Educational support
0 user reviews
This organisation was verified on 18 January 2018