London Borough of Croydon Sensory Impairment Team
Map for London Borough of Croydon Sensory Impairment Team
The Croydon Adult Social Services carry out an assessment of your needs and work with you to decide the best way of meeting the needs we have identified. You can be referred in through your local hospital eye unit, your local optician or by contacting them directly.
The Croydon Adult Social Services also offer a weekly advice session to anyone who requires help or information relating to visual impairment. These sessions are held every Thursday between 1pm and 4pm.
- advice on registration
- training in mobility and orientation
- training in independent living and communication skills
- training in low vision skills
- provision of equipment (on long-term loan) to aid daily living after initial assessment
- low vision assessment
- braille teaching on assessment
- information on leisure activities and local and national organizations.
- Local authority social care
- Community eye care
- Low vision services
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training
- Learning braille
- Learning Moon