Orkney Islands Council Sensory Impairment Services
- Address: Adult Social Work Team, School Place, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1NY
- Tel:01856 873 535
Map for Orkney Islands Council Sensory Impairment Services
Provides social care services for blind and partially sighted people living within the Orkney Isles, including registration and rehabilitation. The rehabilitation officer works as part of a multi-disciplinary team and devises individual rehabilitation programmes after assessments.
Programmes can include:
- mobility and daily living skills training
- assessment for low vision aids
- advice and training in suitable communication methods
- information and advice on benefits, leisure activities and general information with regard to sensory impairment and other services available.
This service is not dependent on registration.
- Local authority social care
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training
1 user review
25 September 2015
I am a friend of a partially sighted person living on Orkney. I have found them lacking with help and care for my friend. Dissapointing.
This organisation was verified on 13 April 2018