West Lothian Sensory Support Service
Map for West Lothian Sensory Support Service
Information and Advice:
- specialist social work advice and services for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted or deafblind
- advice on mobility and equipment to improve safety, quality of life and independence
- advice on benefits and travel concessions
Support and Assistance:
- offer support and counselling to individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted or deafblind
- spend time with a person to assess their needs in their own home
- provide help with daily living and use of equipment
- give support to carers and relatives.
There is a duty service by appointment or on the telephone on a Tuesday afternoon 1 pm to 5pm.
A drop-in facility is available for BSL (British Sign Language) users every Tuesday from 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
If you need to speak with the Contact and Referral team, the number is 01506 775666.
- Local authority social care
- Emotional support
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training