RNIB UK Sight Loss Advice Service
Working closely with our Helpline and other RNIB services, our friendly team of Sight Loss Advice Workers provide a listening ear and are able to give advice on a wide range of issues to blind and partially sighted people, their carers, loved ones and organisations helping them.
Topics we can help with include:
- common eye conditions and making the most of your sight
- what help you are entitled to from your local authority
- registering your sight loss
- money, benefits and concessions that you may be entitled to
- daily living (including shopping, travel and technology)
- leisure activities
- sources of local support and other organisations that may be useful to you.
As well as answering one-off enquiries, our UK Sight Loss Advice Service can take the time to talk through, in a structured way, a range of issues that are relevant or of interest to you.
- Benefits advice
- Equality advice
- Employment advice