RNIB Grants Service
You can apply for a grant from us of up to £500 if you are registered as blind or partially sighted, are on means-tested benefits and have been refused funding from your local authority.
Our grants are for specialist sight loss items that enable you to live independently, including:
- computer accessibility software: magnification software or combined
magnifier reader software, Dolphin Guide and upgrades to these
- computer dictation software
- voice recorders and dictaphones
- portable and TV video magnifiers
- talking kitchen equipment including talking microwaves
- talking watches, clocks and radios
- talking colour detectors
- talking phone, accessible smartphone or accessible tablet
- big button or talking landline telephones
- DAISY players, USB players or e-readers
If you are or have been successful in getting a grant from us, you must wait three years before applying again.
- Grants and funding