Association of Blind Asians - Leeds (ABA)
The Association of Blind Asians is a neighbourhood network project of Asian people with visual impairment and their families, carers and friends working in partnership with Leeds City Council Social Services Department.
The ABA provides the following services:
- information on benefits and housing
- educational and other social opportunities such as basic IT skills, drama, music
- group activity sessions, visits to theatres and museums, trips and special holidays
- regular luncheon club and reading group
- massage and aromatherapy and Indian dancing exercises.
The ABA also produce a Community Health project pack - a booklet dealing with health topics: recognising diabetes, healthy eating and tips on keeping fit. It is available in print in English or in Gujarati, Urdu and Punjabi on audio CD.
We offer a My Guide service, in which trained volunteers help visually impaired service users to regain independence in their community.
- Benefits advice
- Clubs and classes
- Social functions
- Trips and outings
- Support groups
- Emotional support
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills