Dorset Blind Association (DBA)
- Address: 17 Bournemouth Road, Lower Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH14 0EF
- Tel:01202 712865
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times:
- Monday 9am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday 9am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 9am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 9am - 4:30pm
- Friday 9am - 4:30pm
Afternoons by appointment only.
Map for Dorset Blind Association (DBA)
Activities are based in and around the county of Dorset including Bournemouth which also has its own Society.
- home visiting service
- advice and information on a wide range of topics for visually impaired people, including benefits and allowances
- social and handicraft clubs in major towns as well as transport to them
- young persons' group and social groups
- equipment - available on short and long term loan
- a quarterly newsletter 'Dorset Link'
- transcription service
- sight equipment vehicles to bring services to the housebound.
- Low vision services
- Low vision aids
- Loan equipment
- Audio products
- Clubs and classes
- Other sports
- Home visiting
- Community advice
- Braille transcription
- Audio transcription
- Large print transcription
- Library services
- Book clubs
1 user review
10 May 2014
This charity does so much for people of all ages and it's focus is on meeting each individuals needs. I know the do it with a very small staff and lots of volunteers and that everyone is very committed.
This organisation was verified on 3 May 2017