A group of visually impaired people determined to improve the environment and to reduce the every day problems of blind and partially sighted people. They are registered with the Charity Commission as an organisation with the specific aim of promoting the wellbeing of visually impaired people living in Enfield.
They meet regularly on the the first Monday of each Month and a 'Drop-in Morning' on the third Thursday of each month both at Park Avenue Disability Resource Centre, Bush Hill Park, Enfield.
In addition to the above, they also:
- hold free Braille lessons
- have weekly bowls matches
- publish a newsletter four times a year and occasional news items in between
- offer free IT training
- arrange trips to the theatre and other places of interest
- give information about visual impairment, how to register and benefit entitlement
- Benefits advice
- Social functions
- Trips and outings
- Community advice
- Learning braille