St Helens Hospital (ECLO Service)
User rating: 5 stars
Map for St Helens Hospital (ECLO Service)
Worried about your vision? We’re here for you.
Eye Clinic Liaison Officers (ECLOs) offer practical and emotional support to anyone affected by sight loss, including families and carers.
ECLOs are specially trained advisers based in hospital eye departments who work with people of all ages affected by sight loss. They offer information, practical advice, and emotional support, and help people access the support available to them from a wide range of other organisations and services. An ECLO can help people with the certification and registration process which leads to further support and benefits.
ECLOs provide guidance to help you:
• maintain your independence
• better understand your eye condition and treatment
• apply for helpful benefits and concessions
• use technology to help you do the things you need to do
• stay in employment or education, or take up new opportunities
• continue enjoying leisure activities.
- Benefits advice
- Health and social care
- Hospital information
- Low vision services
- Emotional support
- Eye health advice
- ECLO (Eye Clinic Liaison Officer)
- Sign posting and general information
1 user review
User rating: 5 stars
I am a carer for my husband and I have fairly recently been diagnosed with glaucoma. The process and acceptability of the situation has not been without problems of varying degrees from health professionals. the one static, reliable and supportive factor has been the ECLO at St.helens hospital named Maria. Without exception she has been my rock and the one person who has calmed an otherwise very stressful situation. She has assisted with appointments, obtaining eye drops, interpreting jargon and general unselfish support. Nothing has been too much trouble. She offers a first class service and gets a five from me. Well done Maria I just wish there were more like you.Report as inappropriate content
Other organisations nearby
- RNIB ILCO service - St Helens Metropolitan Borough Council Visual Impairment Resource Centre, 1st Floor, The Millennium Centre, Corporation Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 1HJ