Sussex Downs College
A mainstream college offering IT courses suitable for blind and partially sighted people:
- One to One tuition in specialist visually impaired class. Lessons of three hours duration (approx) once a week. Course duration one or two years, a range of subjects can be chosen including word processing, e-mail etc.
- The College will support visually impaired students on mainstream courses that are funded.
- Courses start at Level 1 progressing to level 2 and 3 to gain an ITQ Certificate, which helps with employment and understanding IT
- The College offers a specialist visually impaired area for ICT teaching with a variety of equipment (both hardware and software), lighting etc, all materials are adapted on an individual basis.
- Tuition is by qualified tutor for the Visually Impaired (QTVI).
- The college cannot provide transport so this must be arranged independently.
- Tours and discussion of requirements can be arranged free of charge via Keith Eldridge.
- Computer skills
0 user reviews
Other organisations nearby
- Eastbourne District General Hospital, Eastbourne, (ECLO Service) Eye Clinic, Eastbourne District General Hospital, Kings Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2UD